Always feeling tired and can’t do without your coffee or favourite soda in the afternoon? Put down your caffeinated drink and pick up a cucumber instead! This wonderful low-calorie vegetable has more nutrients to offer than just water and electrolytes. Cucumber contain an eclectic mix of some of the best vitamins you can put in your body, including B vitamins which specifically help to boost your energy levels.
Health Benefits of Cucumbers
- Water rich. Feeling dehydrated? Munch on the cool cucumber, which contains 96 percent water!
- Clears out toxins. A good source of dietary fiber to eliminate the waste products and toxic compounds from your system. Helps to reduce constipation, and offer some protection against colon cancers.
- Energy Booster. Loaded with vitamins A B and C, which give you energy, and keep you radiant.
- Aids in Weight Loss. Low calorie vegetable, with just 15 calories per 100g. Contains no saturated fats or cholesterol.
- Revives tired eyes – There’s nothing better than placing chilled slices of cucumber on the eyes because it really helps reduce puffiness.
- Stabilizes blood pressure – Cucumbers are full of magnesium and potassium the minerals needed for balanced blood pressure.
- Good for your skin – The minerals like magnesium, potassium and silicon along with their hydration help to increase skin elasticity. Many spas use them to reduce inflammation. You may also apply cucumber to a sunburn for relief.
- Good for kidneys – Cucumber lowers uric acid levels in the system to keep the kidneys healthy. Cucumbers and cucumber juice have been shown to dissolve kidney stones.
DIY – Cucumber Cooler Juice
– 4 carrots– 1 cucumber– 1 stalk celery– 1 apple- 1/2 lemon, peeled- Ice cubes
Put everything in a juicer and blend well.